Bagan in Depth
Bagan, one of Asia’s most popular archaeological destinations and one out of two most pre-eminent religious old cities in South East Asia as well as the world heritage site.3 days are not long enough to discover hundreds of temples but we will take you to the most beautiful temples and the most highlights of Bagan that you should not miss.
|Tour Duration:||03 Days/ 02 Nights|
|Dates:||All year round/You may commence whenever you wish.|
|Start / End:||Bagan/Bagan|
|Tour Route:||Bagan – Mt. Popa- Bagan|
|Tour Type:||Sightseeing, culture, history, cruise & local ways of life|
|Activity Level:||Regular itinerary|
|Tour Customizable:||Flexible and you can tell us your specific requirements and we do adjustment for your trip setting.|
Day 01: Bagan arrival – full day sightseeing
Day 02: Bagan sightseeing (B)
Day 03: Bagan – Mt. Popa – Departure (B)
Day 01: Bagan arrival – full day sightseeing
Meet and Greet you at the hotel or upon arrival in Bagan by morning flight then spend whole day for exploring the architectural masterpieces of this astounding ancient town, living treasure house of Buddhist architectural splendors. The sightseeing starts with a visit to most distinctive pagodas such as Shwezigon Pagoda – the holiest one believed to be enshrined with Buddha tooth and hair; Htilominlo Temple – the largest temples of Bagan, Gubyaukgyi Temple (Wetkyiinn village) – the 13th century ‘cave temple’ with fine frescoes of scenes from Jatakas; Kyansittha Umin temple with colorful murals.Transfer to the hotel and leisure. In the afternoon, you will visit one of the most treasured handicrafts in Myanmar, a lacquer ware workshop near Myingabar village. After that,visit to Seinnyet NYIAHMA pagoda, Manuha Temple and NanPayar, Mingalarzedi Pagoda, Myinkabar Gubyaukgyi Temple – well known for its wall painting depicting scenes from the Jataka. The next stop will be the massive Damayangyi Temple, before experiencing a local horse-cart ride while enjoying the evening enchanting beauty of Bagan among the Pagoda and temple. Enjoy sunset over Bagan from Shwesandaw Pagoda.Overnight in Bagan.
Day 02: Balloon flight – Bagan sightseeing
After breakfast and visit Nyaung U Market – a typical local market; followed by a carriage ride to visit the Reclining Buddha SHINPIN THALYAUNG; Dhamayangyi Temple- built by King Narathu in 12th century which displayed the finest brickwork in Bagan, Thatbyinnyu Temple – the highest building on the Bagan plain; Ananda Temple a whitewashed masterpiece of Mon architecture with four standing Buddhas – King Kyansittha’s masterpiece and the crowning achievement of the early style temple of architecture, and the adjacent brick monastery with the beautiful well-preserved 18th century murals; the Thatbinnyu Temple, also known as the “temple of omniscience” and dating from 1144. In the afternoon, the Sulamani temple and Gawdawpalin. We admire to take a boat ride along the Ayeyarwaddy River to discover the local life and view the sunset.
Optional tour: Wake up in the early morning and take 45 minutes balloon flight; it is a chance to see Bagan waking up in the morning. You will see many temples in the distance and get an aerial view of Bagan, fly over villages and see people getting up in the morning and feeding their animals; or fly over fields and see people going to market. It is an amazing experience.Overnight in Bagan.
Day 03: Bagan – Mt. Popa – Departure
After breakfast, drive 70km to visit to Mount Popa; the great extinct volcano. Rising out of the shimmering heat, the solitary volcanic cliff of Mt. Popa is home to Myanmar’s most powerful “nats”. On the way to Mt. Popa, we can observe toddy farmers’ life and process of jiggery making as well as fresh taste to toddy juice. Mt. Popa is believed to be the sacred home of the Nats, being now a national park. On top of a rocky crag is a picturesque complex of monasteries, pagodas and shrines, which can be climbed to via a winding, covered stairs case with 777 steps. Visit the Nat Museum with its life-sized statues of the 37 Nat (Spiritual Gods).Back to Bagan and transfer to Hotel or Airport
*** Remainder of day is at the leisure to explore Bagan on your own or continue to go to other destinations for more sightseeing or Fly to Yangon/ Mandaly and fly to home. The trip ends with full of stories to bring back home.
Have a Safe Journey and See you again!
- 2 Nights’ Accommodation in Double/Twin bedded rooms with daily breakfast
- All transfers and excursions with private air-conditioned vehicles with driver mentioned in program
- Round trip domestic flight ticket: Yangon –Bagan – Yangon with taxes (if started from Yangon)
- Meals as listed in the itinerary
- Private Boat trip as mentioned in the itinerary
- Experienced English-speaking local tour guide in each city.
- All entrance fees & Zone Fees for sightseeing mentioned in the program.
- Mineral water (02 bottle of mineral water per day)
- Government tax & Service tax
- Early check in and late check-out from hotel
- Meals: not listed in the program
- Visa (Visa Arrangements) to Myanmar
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Travel insurance
- International airfares and International airport tax in Yangon (US$15.00 per person)
- Expenditure of personal nature, such as porter charges, camera fees, drinks, souvenirs, laundry etc.
- Supplement charges for other language guides on request
- Services are not listed in above inclusions.
1. Infant 2 years and younger will be charged some% of adult fare according to Airline.
2. Hotel and Meals for Child age 0- 5 years will be free accompanied with adults on sharing basis.
3. Child age 6- 11 years – will be charged at 50 % of the adult price.
4. Child age 12 and above will be considered as an adult price.
1. 5 weeks prior to arrival 50 %
2. 2 weeks prior to arrival 75 %
3. Less than 2 weeks and no show 100 %
4. Services not utilized after the commencement of the tour; no refund would be given.
Minimum 2 Persons
Rates and Conditions
Please note that only reservation will be made upon receiving of written confirmation and will book the requested services after receiving the confirmation. Until then the proposed hotels and services are subject to availability. If proposed hotels or services are no longer available at time of confirmation, we will book adequate alternatives. The rate may change in such a case.